Wednesday, August 19, 2009

ABRSM Grade 8 Piano Practical Exam


Date: 12th August 2009
Venue: Oriental Crystal Hotel, Kajang
Time: 11.09am to 11.39am (did piano accompaniment for violin student from 12.21pm until 12.25pm, i guessed, haha)

Accompanied by my parents again(ever since i was really young).. It's the last time.. Before i started my exam, i was really worried.. The feeling this time was different, not that i was nervous for the exam, but i was really thoughtful of my result.. God, bless me, let me pass!

I was 'fully-prepared' and standing outside the exam room right after the girl before me finished her exam.. Yet, examiner(a seriously professional lady) went out of the room and said she had something else to do at the back and asked me to wait for a while.. Standing there doing nothing for 'quite long'.. My feeling of anxiousness gradually gone.. Turned out, i was feeling ready to take the test(good sign, huh?)..

I tried hardly to do my very best, i don't want to keep any regret.. Hope everything would be fine.. Please, just let me pass!

i) scales- erm, i think this part was alright, i did the best i could already, at least my fingers were not shivering, haha

ii) 1st song was not bad.. 2nd piece of clementi was killing me thoroughly.. I practiced everyday, hmm.. I don't know, the song was like mess that i did during lesson? Perhaps.. 3rd song, this is okay.. Just a bit blurred for few notes at that moment, lolx..

(1st piece by Cimarosa, 2nd piece by Clementi)(3rd piece by Bowen)

iii) sight-reading- uh.. The piece that she gave was really hard.. I wondered..

iv) aural test- i did better in singing.. Can't believe.. Modulation and cadence, i think i was kind of ruining them.. Haiz.. And the very last part turned to tell her what i think about the piece.. Pretty weird coz she only played it once and i didn't notice everything of it..

ah! God, please bless me! I really need to pass this! Thanks guys for blessing me~

Ps: kinda awkward when we're doing sound check for violin in the exam hall.. Sorry.. >.<

1 comment:

  1. So did you pass? I just took it yesterday and am very worry now. Don't know whether I answer correctly for aural and sight reading I think is kind of bad.

    ReplyDelete