Sunday, March 14, 2010

Orientation Week

LOL.. i know this is like weeks ago... but i still have to post it.. hahhaha
Orientation was held for 1 week before the school actually started at 25th of January, 2010.
It was funny that right when i was assigned to my orientation group and i realized that the one next to me was ZjenThak, hahaha! We were in the same group with both peer guide of Mary and Linda(from South Korea but attended international school at Malaysia before)...
Orientation wasn't that boring, it was really informative and fun!

Alright, back to pictures, since i'll do my description there, hahhaa (the time here is inverse chronological.. lolx)

The weekend(sunday) of orientation, before spring semester started:
Five of us went to the water street, coz i need to check something at the atm machines of the associated banks there... That day was super cold! And i haven't got my "warm" boots yet!
I was so worried that i would kind of "loss" my toes there! hahhahaa
I think it was snowing too! That's the first time ever since we had arrived...


Saturday: The ice-hockey game of Blugolds vs (i forgot which team)...


We had a dinner treat of KFC! NICEEEE~
The choices that we made were crispy chicken and grilled chicken!(No hot and spicy, haha) Accompanied by marsh potatoes and coleslaw! (& soft drinks from cafeteria, hahaha)
Thanks taxi driver for helping us in ordering the food and his willingness to drive-thru to KFC before dropping us at the campus.. LOLX

At the Mall... The bubble gum was hmm... extremely hard to chew at first! lolx
Anyway, Americans really like chewing gums... But good that people don't "stick" the residue as Malaysian did at everywhere... haha


Eau Claire Court or something... We passed by when we're on our way to the transfer center...
Walking all the way from campus to the transfer center~~
Chill! It was really hard to take pictures! 'coz it's too cold for you to take out your hands from the gloves and capture any pictures.. haha



The so-called coldest pedestrian bridge on the Chippewa River which connected the Haas Fine Arts Center to the lower campus~


Stepping on the dirty snows! hahaha

Pauline, me and my roommate, Kelsey!! This was taken at the Riverview Cafeteria... My roomie is very sweet and nice!!!!
Weekdays:
My dorm: Oak Ridge Hall!! (I'm kind of complaining about it as it's so far from McPhee and my academic buildings... haha.. Not when it's cold and you have to walk up the hills... I would be fine if it's not located up the hill, lol)


My peer guide of Linda and Mary~

My orientation's group! That was a Thai restaurant somewhere near downtown..
The food there is great! Tasted so much like Malaysia!!!
We walked from campus to the restaurant! It took like 20 minutes+ i guessed...
I still remembered that it was like negative 10++ degree celsius outside, i could barely feel my feet under that condition! lol
Anyway, i really enjoyed the food there! (at least the rice tasted like rice and i love the spices!!!! hahaha)


The free bowling night at hilltop center~ I played it with Pauline and Kelsey~

My wardrobe/closet?! But it's kind of different right now... hahaha


My bed is the one on top! Covered with blankets from my host family! hahha
And i am good at "extending" my legs all the way up to my bed now! That's how i climb up everyday~ XD
My room with everything settled! haha, Fridge, TV, dvd player, Microware(i finally realized how important/effective it is!), kettles, irons ++++++ (all from my roomie! hahahhaa)


Student ID and school file?!~

First experiece at Wal-mart!

My phone!!



Auntie Annes at the mall! With the same pricing in Malaysia but different currency!
I would rather go back to Malaysia and have the pretzels there! hahahhaa


On the bus to the malls~

My stuffs before i unpacked them! lolx
On the city bus!!
Well, that's all for orientation week.. I will quickly catch up everything else!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment