Sunday, January 23, 2011

Fall 2010

Trying to remember what I've done in Fall 2010 is such a difficult task.. In a sense that I had been living to the real FULLEST...

Well, let's do a quick review:
18 full credits, tutoring, preparation for professional exam, mathematic research, IS research, Actuarial Club, Malaysian Abroad Diversified (MAD), working...

Life was so busy that I don't feel like I have enough of 24 hours per day. It's like once I have somehow done with my job loads, it's already time for bed. I was really exhausted and life was so full that i'm glad i've been through it and i'm still alive enjoying every moment of it. It was wonderful.

I was so depressed at one time but it made me realized what's really about life. I'm just me after all. But way stronger, tougher and hopefully prettier, haha. Obstacles are things that we have to face. Life isn't that interesting when you don't have the opportunity to be able to get through all these matters regardless how bad or how wonderful they are. Failure, so what? If i could step over it and keeping my faith. I was once beaten down, badly. I knew. Yet, i'm not giving up. Not this easy. I will stand up and prove it. Not to the world, but myself.

Alright, i'm gonna write a summary now, for those events that had been taken place for the last few months. (for things that i still remember, lol XD)

- Been to Travelers' Actuarial Case Competition for 2010 Program at St. Paul, Minnesota with 5 other American coursemates (we're in a team representing the university). We're staying at Hilton Garden Inn hotel. Guess what, the case of the competition was about expanding Travelers insurance company in other nations other than US, Canada and UK. We're given 4 countries for selection. Malaysia was on the list! and we chose it. I think our team did a great job, and i'm pleased that i did contribute to the team. To be honest, i was so afraid that i'm gonna bring down the team before the competition. Kris (our professor) and our team thought that we're gonna win after our presentation. (at least we have certain level of confidence on that, lol) However, i think we're the second or so, 'coz only the first place was announced and it wasn't us. Anyway, it was a great experience after all. Haha.

- Went for job/internship interview with Humana and Travelers. Been to RA interview for KT hall too. I should say, worthwhile experience. LOL.

- Tutored two 10th grade students and one 7th grade student on their Maths subject. It was fun and well-paid! haha.. Was working as security in the dorm. It was so chilly as i have to stay for 3 hours at the lobby. Anyway, it was a nice job and i could do my own works and earn money at the same time! hahahah

- Finally got my Wisconsin driver license after failing once due to "Dangerous Act". XP. My score for the first time was a passing score, yet, DA was the one that failed me as i violated the rule at the junctions. LOL.

- Boon Han visited us in Eau Claire all the way from Nebraska during their spring break! It was awesome hanging out with old friends! haha

- Went down to Madison for Halloween Freak Fest. It was a crazy night and i was impressed by people who wore just a set of bikini under that freaking cold weather. Haha. Everyone was dressed up amazingly and whole State street was filled with people and great live music performance. Met up with Kathy, Vinod and Fernie there.

- Thanksgiving break: wasn't able to celebrate that with host family as Aunt Mary and Uncle Ray both visited their daughter at St. Louis. We went to Albertville Premium Outlet during Black Fridays sales. The sales and markdowns were insane! We got ourselves lots of good deals! I still couldn't believe how crazy it was when we lined up outside Coach outlet for 4 hours (I only stood there for 2 hours) under a negative fourteen degree celsius with strong winds! Most of the shops open at 10pm, but some (such as Coach) open at 12 midnight. We shopped from 10pm to 5am and then continue shopping at Mall of America until we have our lunch at hong kong noodle near U of M in the afternoon. That was EXTREMELY exhausting! I swear! Anyway, it was a blast for bumping into a lot of INTI friends at the outlet. Xiao Wei, Juliet, Boon Han, Joshan, Yan Ming, John, Fernie and a lot more... Some that we haven't meet for like a year or so, all the way from iowa and nebraska! haha XD We have say, we're nearer to Albertville okay? It's like an hour and half to 2 hours drive from here.

- Classes! Classes were not easy. I've been putting so much hard work. Got more than 100% for my P exam class; A for IS class; A for Finance class; A for the hardest math class ever, MFE class. MFE class was so challenging, the theory part was really FASCINATING, i'm so glad that i got it done with the just-nice score which gave me an A. haha. Yet, stupid english professor gave me a stupid grade out of no where for my english course and that hurted me, dang!

- Fell sick! Real sicked. That was during the finals week. I woke up at 7am on a tuesday which i was supposed to have my Math 470 (MFE class) finals at 1pm. I puked for several times and was having a bad diarrhea. Luckily Kelsey was here to look after me. Kelsey helped me to notify my professor about my situation and he was so nice to let me postpone my exam to whenever that i feel better. I kept resting in the room. I thought i would be better off in the afternoon, but thing got worse. Pauline came and look after me in the evening. I was sent to Sacred Heart Hospital by Zjen Thak and Pauline at night. I think i got a stomach flu or something. I stayed in the hospital from 9pm till 2am. Thanks so much for Pauline and Kelsey for accompanying me there the whole night. I was so thrilled! Ohya, i got 3 pokes by the nurses as they couldn't find my veins for IV. hmmm... Here goes my insurance medical claim. I havent receive my bill yet. haha

*Alright, i'll keep writing if i could think of more. Let's stop here for now. Haha XD.

~Enjoy my facebook update of pictures, there're more of my life there!~

No comments:

Post a Comment